Exhibition Now on Tour!
We are happy to announce the schedule of our new touring exhibition!
Mark your calendars and tell your friends!
After a brilliant launch during our Eighth East Festival Weekend on the Waterfront at UCS Ipswich, our brand new Touring Exhibition is ready to hit the road! Based on local oral histories, this new exhibition explores the social and landscape histories of how the members of the 8th USAAF and the locals of East Anglia fought together, played together, worked together and sometimes even fell in love.
Check out our Online Exhibition!
Eighth in the East Touring Exhibition
- July 1 – 9 The Hush House, RAF Bentwaters, hosted by Eastern Angles
- July 11 – 27 The Shuttleworth Collection, Bedfordshire
- August 1 – 11 Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum, Flixton, Suffolk.
- August 13 – 25 HMP The Mount, Bovingdon, Hertfordshire.
- September 23 – October 6 Maids Head Hotel, Norwich.
- October 8 – 20 Norwich International Airport
- November 7 – 13 The Mall, Luton, Bedfordshire.
- More dates to be announced soon! Please drop us a line of you would like to host the exhibition in the future.
You can also listen online to the oral histories of the people who have shared their stories for our exhibition. To hear their remarkable memories click play below.
We hope that you will come and see this great exhibition and continue to explore the history of the Eighth in the East.